Translate

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fair

I have a quick observation, comment, and two questions. 
Please tell me that I am not the only one that thinks this is strange.
I don't get it.
How do you fry Kool-Aid and why would you want to?
Why would you make a donut the bun for a burger?

Now this I get.  I wish I could do some of the rides.  Maybe next year.

Look! This one turns the riders upside down.  That would be fun.
This one turns you upside down too!
And sideways!
I can feel my stomach tickling just watching it. 

I would really like to take pictures of Mr. Man on the Grand Carousel. 
  
Of course anything you do, eat or drink cost way too much. 
I have been told I squeak when I walk.  (If this was said to get me to change my ways......Sorry, ain't happening!)
It takes most of the fun out of it when you feel like you are being ripped off. 
 But.....
It didn't cost me anything to walk around and take pictures.  There is always something cool to look at if you take the time. 
I liked the man walking around with the parrots. 
Here is a man carving a bow at the Creek Nation booth.  I was surprised at how yellow the wood was.

The Sky Ride was something I was able to do and the view was great.  I love the Old Pavilion Building.

I have always liked the IPE building.  They have renamed it the QT Center but I can't call it that.  It has been the IPE Building all my life.  Thank you QT for remodeling the building but I don't like your name on it.


I can remember many years of sitting on the edge of the sidewalk taking a break.  When I was a kid it was a place to sit and eat what ever cool snack Grams got for us.  As a teenager it was a good spot to sit and watch the cute boys.  As an adult I remember the 1st year they no longer allowed smoking in the building and we all had to go outside to have a cigarette.  The sidewalk was full of smokers back then.  There aren't as many now.  When I took my girls when they were little we always took what ever food we had and sat down there to enjoy it.  You can see the Midway and watch all the brave people on the wild rides while you eat.  It is a place you can sit and just take a break with no danger of being in somebody's way. 

All of the photos I took today were in the RAW format.  This is the first time I shot in that format.  I like how it did outside in the natural light.  The results inside were not as good.  I guess that means I need more practice.  We are going back again next weekend with Mattie and James so I will see if I can do any better with the inside shots next time. 
I did get a shot of the Hubby with an Old School OU Football star.  Billy is such a nice man.
He didn't mind that the Hubby was wearing a TU hat.  They chatted about them both being from Texas and Mr. Sims even said he grew up with one of my favorite Sprint Car drivers from Hooks Texas.

 Them Texans are everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I love the fair. There is so much to see and do. Lots of fun just walking and looking. Glad you had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete