Translate

Sunday, May 1, 2011

More Gilcrease

There were so many photos that I did not post from yesterday's outing.  I wanted to share some more of them.  Gilcrease is beautiful place to visit.
I really like this old house!
The porches are wonderfully big.  The porch rails and caps are carved stone. 
The view from the porch is wonderful too!
There were a few Azaleas left blooming. 
There was a big fat bumble bee buzzing around these flowers.  She was too busy to be bothered by me. 
The brick walk and iron rails frame this formal garden so nicely.
There is a beautiful Japanese Maple on the right side of this photo.  It is putting on seed and was so colorful!
 Little red helicopters!
 I grew up with the plain tan version of these. The red ones are much prettier! 
Loved this tree.  There were several native trees that were cool too, but this one was so colorful.
Here are some of the bronzes that are scattered all over the grounds.
Even the sidewalk that takes you to the front entry is beautiful.  The trees are full of birds.  I tried to get a picture of a Cardinal but he was very shy.  If I had time to set long enough he might have gotten used to me. 
He flitted from one small tree to another all along this little setting area next to the front door. 

This is still just a sample of what is available to see just on the outside of the Museum.  The plus is there isn't any fee if you are just visiting the Gardens.  I am so glad that things have turned green again and that the flowers are blooming. 
I want to go back this fall and see how many different colors the area trees turn!  I bet this view will be very colorful this fall!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great place to visit. Some excellent views of the gardens and statues.

    I know what you mean about carrying camera equipment around with you. It's OK if you have something specific to photograph but if you are walking around with the equipment it can be quite tiring - I've made that mistake before.

    ReplyDelete