Translate

Friday, April 12, 2013

Thank you from the past

Last week while going though old photos my Brother found a thank you letter sent from the Children's Home we grew up in.  Both of us had at one time lived with the houseparent that sent this letter.  For some reason my Grams kept it.  I am glad she did.  It was nice to see the names of the kids that wrote a thank you to her.  Grams was always knitting or crocheting hats, house shoes and mittens.  I don't know if Danny & I still lived there at the time of this letter or not.  We did not write a thank you to her. 

Here is the scanned letter from kids and the houseparent.  The address is no longer any good.  The Children's Home has moved to Claremore and the house has been torn down. 




 
While thinking about this letter this past week I realized something.  We may have been wards of the State but Grams & Gramps had visitation rights on weekends and holidays.  I can't express how much it meant to me to know, without any doubts, that I was loved by her.  
 

1 comment:

  1. The did make us Wards of the State, but they could not re-assign our hearts!
    Based on the names of the kids, we were all three still at the home. Maybe you were excused from writing since you could say "thank you" in person?
    I remember most of those kids, but not the house parents. That must have been while I was at another cottage.

    ReplyDelete