Translate

Monday, November 19, 2012

Another failed plan that ended up well after all

Trying to take a picture of a two year old doesn't always go the way you plan.  I doesn't help that the person trying to take the picture doesn't always know the best way first.  Two year old boys get impatient,  even more than the grown up "boys" do.  Think about it.....when was the last time you heard a grown man, that was tired and ready to stop shopping, throw a crying fit at the store?  I am not saying that it never happens..... it is just much more common for a two year old boy to pull that kind of stunt in public.  OH and that fit will always happen with the snootiest lady in line behind you.  Just saying that is how my luck always went. 
Back to the attempts to take pictures.....  I was thinking that Mr. Man would look so cute in all the fall colors sitting in his little Harley Davidson chair.  It sounded like a good plan to me.  There were leaves all over the place and the sun was bright, but filtered, underneath the tree.  There were nice fields with old farm buildings in the back ground.  I was thinking this is gonna look good! 

The two year old was not impressed with ga-ma's plan near as much as I hoped he would be.   
 The first attempt the sun was in his eyes and he didn't want to look towards me.
The second attempt the sun was really bothering his eyes and he didn't want to look up at all and was making squished up faces.  Squished up faces do not equal cute smiles.
So I figured if he was ever gonna give me one of the "too cute" smiles I would have to change positions of the chair.  The back ground wasn't as nice but at least he looked at me.  This time I couldn't get him to hold still.  He bottom is barely in the chair.
 
Then he started giving me the "I have had enough Ga-ma" look.  He was so over sitting in his chair, while outside, on a pretty afternoon. 
 
 
So over it!
He walked off and left me......  I had to give up on this idea and just go with the natural shots.  I learned pretty quick that you can't make this two year old give you the shot you want.  The only way to get a good shot of this little man is to follow him around and have the camera ready.
I don't mind too much, cause he does let me take lots of pictures.  AND when he holds still long enough, AND looks right at me, AND gives me a cute look like this one......
 
It makes feel better about not getting that cute shot in that cute chair in all the wonderful fall color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment