Translate

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Back Roads

Mattie and I went to Stillwater Sunday morning to spend the day with Kita.  It took us almost twice as long to get there.  All because we stopped and took pictures of things.

This is not an ordinary dandelion. 

This is a giant dandelion!

I had Mattie put her hands around it so that there would be a little bit of perspective. 
I pulled a few of the seeds off and was going to bring them home to take more pictures of.  But guess what happened when I rolled the window down.  They floated away.  Go figure. 

Then we saw this!  A whole field that was full of several different types of flowers.

I was in heaven. 
I wish my friend Kathey would have been able to see this.  She would have loved it as much as I did. 

Here are a few of the flowers from that field.





It was past the good morning light and the sun was already shining strong.  Some of the photos are so "blown out" with light that there isn't much detail.  I was able to tone it down some but you can tell on the yellow flowers in the photo above what I am talking about. 

Taking the back roads and stopping to take pictures of wild flowers was good.  Spending Mother's day with both of my daughters was even better.  It was such a good weekend. 






No comments:

Post a Comment