Translate

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Butterflies & Dragonflies

Great day! 
It was so relaxing to just walk through the woods and listen to the sounds of nature.  I ignored the 3 times that the small airplanes flew over.  Well, except I did have to make a comment about the last one, cause it sounded like it wasn't going to make it.  I also ignored the alarm that went off.  No idea where it came from I was too busy ignoring it.  What I was trying to listen to where the frogs, birds and bugs. 
There were butterflies everywhere! 



(I am pretty sure I could classify Mattie's fingerprints from this photo.)

There were monarch's but I could never get one to land in front of me long enough to get a good shot.  This one landed in a tree and I was able to get a glimpse of it behind a leaf.

This one has to be my favorite.  It is a color that I like.  It wasn't a big butterfly but the color really stood out against the tree bark scattered on the ground. 

There were some really cool dragonflies too!



 Birds, bugs and lizards too.  : )




Everywhere I looked there was something to look at.  Pretty plants and trees all green and blooming.  The wild blackberries have already bloomed and fruited.  Mattie and I snuck a few bites. 





We saw two snakes.  This one in the water, it isn't a good photo but I will share it anyhow.  That way anybody that does not like snakes can say "Ewwww". 
The other snake was in the grass on the side of the trail.  It was barely visible through the tall grass and I didn't try to get a picture of it. 

Of course I took pictures of flowers.  I am not able to resist flowers.






Then after all of that....... here are a few more butterflies.  They were everywhere!






There are hundreds of more photos.  It is just not possible to post all of them. 
I really enjoyed myself today. 

It has been more than 20 years since I was at Oxley Nature Center.  I really hope to go back soon.  Walking in the woods and through fields is just my kind of day. It was made even better since Mattie was with me.  Sharing a love of nature with my kids was one of the smarter things I did.

Have I mentioned that I had fun today?

Cause I really, truly did!


No comments:

Post a Comment