Translate

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring's cheer




I don't think I will ever get tired of seeing the earth come back to life each spring.  It came early this year.  These were all taken in the backyard that looks more like a swamp now.   Last week was spring break for the school kids in the area and it rained almost the whole week.  We didn't have any reports, that I saw, of any kids pushing their luck too far and being done in by the parents.  The weekend isn't over yet though. 

I noticed Friday evening that there is a nest being built in the backyard tree.  I stayed busy today and didn't get to see who was doing the building.  That needs to go on Sunday's to do list.
I took this photo the first part of the week looking out the back door.  It was one of the few breaks in the rain.  My neighbors yard has some nice spring color.  I think I need to plant some tulips. 
I will have to clean up some flower beds before I can plant anything.  I was not able to do any yard work last year and there is a mess from my neglect.  I think I might be able to do better this year.  I have cleaned the front flower bed up some so I have already outdone last years efforts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment