Translate

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Green

I miss the warm sunshine.  Warm sun light with green everywhere.  The older I get the more I love green growing things.  Especially in the winter. 
I have several plants in my kitchen and dining room.  I would have more if I had space to put them!  I like to wash my indoor plants off every now and again.  They get dusty with out rain to clean them off.  So a few times a year I will put them in the sink and give them a shower.  That is one of the things I did this weekend.  I enjoyed the green so much that I stopped and played with my camera a little bit and took some pictures. 
Warm yellow light and green leaves! 

It is not the sun and it is just a house plant.  But until winter gives up it is the best I could find. 

I had to wait to put it back where it belongs because it was wet.  So I took pictures and practised with my focusing.  It would be much easier to get crisp focus if I had a tripod. 
I didn't pick a cheap hobby.  But it can keep me entertained for hours.

Didn't feel so great today.  I have been fighting off a cold or something for the last few days.  I left work early because I had to go to a supervisor's meeting tonight.  I can still only work 1/2 days so I worked a few hours this morning then went home so I could go back this evening.  After I got home I curled up on the couch and slept ALL afternoon.  I woke up feeling a bit better.  I sure hope I am not catching the nasty cold/virus/whatever thing that BT has had for the last week.  I do not want it!  That or the flu that a few people have had at work.  Ewww..... there is a nasty stomach virus going around too!  Another reason to dislike winter.  Everybody gets sick so much more. 
Time for me to take a shower and get to bed.  I know that when the 5:00am alarm goes off I will wish I had got to bed earlier.  As always.

No comments:

Post a Comment